Wednesday 1 August 2007

And so the summer holidays trundle on...


...and on... and on...

I have to ask myself if I'm not bringing it on myself, though. I mean, what sensible person would sign their child up for a nursery that takes 6 weeks off, necessitating the herculean task of organising a play schedule to keep their 4 year old despot entertained for said period? No sensible person, that's who. It wouldn't be so bad of course, if said 4 year old showed proper gratitude and understanding of the effort involved, but these pampered princes and princesses we've created simply ask "what's next?" as soon as each carefully chosen activity is finished. Yes, have definitely brought this one on myself...

Potty training, though...


August 14th 2006

Potty training; guess what, nothing doing at with Son #1 after a week at Mum& Dad’s, so we’re trying again.


However, whilst he has stayed dry all morning in his Mickey Mouse pants (apart from one unfortunate incident on my pillow – my pillow, get that for passive-aggressive), he has also refused point blank to produce anything on the potty. Apart from a repeat of the Shhhhhh sound, of course. Am at my wits end. He’s back in a nappy for his nap now of course – and no doubt will fill it to the brim with all the stuff he’s been holding back all morning, lovely. Well, at least I know that he has some kind of control; it just seems that the need to perform gives him stage fright. Perhaps a more sympathetic licence on the potty would work. But what? Really wouldn’t have thought cuddly Winnie the Pooh would have been too intimidating - although perhaps the name is just resulting in too much pressure…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on - you know you want to...