Sunday 21 September 2008

Hair of the dog that bit you

Walking up Park Lane, on our way to a friend's 40th birthday party yesterday evening:

Me: "Let's try not to get too drunk this evening."

Husband: "OK. Let's try..."


5 hours later, on our way home in the taxi:

Husband: "This is a bit of a long way round isn't it?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Husband: "Well, why is he taking us down Chiswick High Road?"

Me: "What are you talking about? This is Knightsbridge. (silence) Did you hear me? Wake up! I said, THIS IS KNIGHTS.... oh, for Pete's sake..."


Husband is feeling just a little bit shabby today. (I, needless to say, am as fresh as Spring snow...)

8 comments:

  1. No comment. That darn Dutch so and so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness he had you to help him home! Stinking hangovers are the worst - bet you're glad you didn't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you all alone and defenseless in a late night London cab?! Chocolates,lots of them and flowers - lots and lots of those too,expensive ones not just garage pinks, perfume would be good... t.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good intentions..... Hope the party was worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it was that last pint. I can't tell you the number of times my husband has done that ('I'm not drinking too much tonight. Early start in the morning. Lots to do') The next day he's still in bed at 10am with two small children using him as a climbing frame and he's so tired he's not even bothered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's so lovely to be the one that's not hungover. Enjoy the smugness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irene, something tells me it's not so much to do with being Dutch and more to do with being (whisper it) a man..

    Aims, I know. Disappointed... but not surprised!

    GBS, you took the words out of my mouth!

    KP, if I were to be rewarded for everytime I was 'alone' in a London cab...

    Mud, it definitely was!

    Tara, it was definitely the last pint. Of wine.

    VG, I surely did!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...