Sunday 2 May 2010

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

It's Sunday night, and I'm sitting here watching and listening to the most monumental thunderstorm here in Moscow. It's at times like these as I bustle round the house unplugging computers and telephones that I realise how 'middle-age' is no longer a far off event that might happen to me some time in the future, but a real-time, in your face car-crash that can't be avoided any more. Of course, it's not as if I don't have this realisation every day during that first horrific look in the mirror every morning after I put my contact lenses in but before I have the chance to apply any mascara, but I can usually lose that thought in amongst the sandwich-making, boy-wrangling, traffic-negotiating fun that happens shortly afterwards.
(Note to self; ignore thunderstorms in future.)

This week's British Mummy Blogger, Hari Vaudrey of Thankyou for the Days, writes of herself:

I'm a hypnotherapist and I have three children, 7, 4 and 2. I live in a village in Oxon, UK. I spent many years travelling before I settled down and got divorced... I'm looking for a pyramid selling scheme where I'm at the top. So send me a tenner and forward this to all of your friends.

I recommend you take a look; if nothing else you may, like me, find a couple more uses for baking soda that you didn't know of and which your middle-aged brain might decide to file away for future use...

For the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too).

6 comments:

  1. I had the realisation of being the "older generation" on holiday with a whole lot of kids - no one is going to make my sandwiches any more. I'm putting off yours for another five years if that's okay. But I'm sending you a big hug, because mine sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, know exactly what you mean there!! The middle age is catching up with me now and I've taken to wearing makeup everyday. No more natural look for me!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in middle age so long that I've stopped wearing make up, because it makes no difference at all and nobody really cares. It feels quite comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mwa - the sandwiches realisation.. I hate that. And what I also hate is the expectation that you get to make the sandwiches for everyone else too, including ones more than capable husband. Or is that just me?

    CJ, funnily enough last night I went online to the fabulous Organic Pharmacy website (no, am not sponsored), and bought myself some eyeshadow for that very reason. I haven't worn eyeshadow since - well, since... I got married, I think.

    Nora, what, not even mascara? Wow. One day I hope to be that self-confident!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies frankly I am loving middle age - I always aspired to be Margot fromThe Good Life and lets face it I'm on the way - comfortable yet not so chic clothes, medium maintenance hairdo, on the market for a hostess trolley - you know it makes sense ...embrace it.

    Mascara PM ? Respect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. BW, funnily enough my nickname in my last job was Margot - we clearly have more in common than I realised. As for mascara? Never without it. Can't you tell?

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...