Monday 28 June 2010

Cheeky...

Note to Self #544...

When Husband dresses the Boys in the morning, do remember to check that everything - clothes-wise - is present and correct.

Otherwise, when you are in a crowded playground with your younger son later in the day and he announces in the panicked tone he reserves for just such pronouncements "I need to GO TO THE TOILET!" and starts to pull his shorts down in readiness for his arrival at the loo, you - and the assembled mummies at pick-up time - might get rather more of an eyeful than you bargained for...

(This was inspired by Little Green Finger's post today. It's been a long first day of the second week of the school holidays - not that I'm counting or anything - and inspiration was running low, so thanks for reminding me about this one Dawn...)

8 comments:

  1. We're trying to teach the little one not to pull her pants down until she is by the potty - as opposed to 2 rooms away when she decides she needs it. It's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the Littleboys have a tendency to wave things around in public too.....most embarrassing.

    Mind you, I've been guilty of the forgetting pants thing myself occasionally when in a real hurry to dress them.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. my twins are just over 2yrs & i'm currently in denial over the whole potty training thing so at the moment this is just amusing for me... thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Boy does this too... I assumed it was just a boy thing but I see The Moiderer's little one does the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was away from home recently and left hubby in charge, I had to leave out a week's worth of outfits so he didn't "get it wrong"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once left out a pile of clean washing and then asked Mr X to dress Child One, who was then miniscule. Came back to find he had dressed her in the entire pile of clothes. She looked like a very surprised mini Michelin man....

    ReplyDelete
  7. TM - good luck with that. Boy#2's been potty trained for 18 months and we're still working on the keeping pants on until the loo is reached goal...

    NVG, I'm assuming you're speaking about pants for the boys?

    GM, and when did it stop, exactly?

    Lisa, with twins I think you're entitled to a fleet of NHS nurses come potty training, aren't you? Oh, and wine on prescription for yourself - obviously.

    Mummy, good point - I thought it was just boys too.

    Tara, ah, the lengths we go to eh?

    DD, that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping for an accompanying photo. JK. Always have to watch those husbands. If they can take the easy way out, 9 times out of 10 they will.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...