Friday 4 March 2011

Things my sons have said to me today...


Boy #1, on being asked why he was carrying an enormous chunk of ice back to the house on the way home from school (it's not as if we didn't have enough of it waiting for us there, after all...):

"Because I've never had an ice collection - and that's so not fair!"


Boy #2, on being asked why he thought his papa had put him on the naughty chair this morning (fyi, the correct answer was; 'Because I was being a pain Mum and refused to get out of bed after being repeatedly asked, even though I knew we were on a deadline.')

"Well, because, you know, Papa's harder to handle than you are, Mama..."


6 comments:

  1. Valid points both, I think...clever boys x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That makes lots of sense really! I never had an ice collection either and agree that it's not fair...
    My boy today told me: "mummy we are going to save the world, you you stay here and do some work!"
    Don't ask...
    Hope you are good xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ice collection, or a nice collection?

    Love Perfectly Happy Mum's comment.

    My 10 year old asked me yesterday "Do I have ADHD?" I said I didn't think so, and why did he ask? He replied "Lots of fourth graders do".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, when I told my son I intended to have a bath he said, "Having cocktails in the bath Mummy?" (It was 11am).

    Love the idea of an ice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KM it's just a matter of time before I'm totally outwitted.

    PHM, thanks we're good thankyou? And you? x

    Iota, surely that's a blog post?

    Troutie, it's scary how much they pick up, isn't it

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...