Thursday 28 April 2011

Springwatch; In which I resort to bribery to keep you coming back for more...

Go on; admit it. You thought I wasn't going to post today, didn't you? You thought, it's another week of bare earth and she's run out of things to do with lego figurines, so she's just going to bin the whole sorry experiment.

Well, I have to admit I thought about it.

But then... Look! LOOK!


















What, you can't see it? It's there. There!

Oh, for Pete's sake. Click on the picture. Now can you see the new plants coming through? Amazing, isn't it?

OK, thanks for humouring me. Want to see some semi-clad army recruits that I photographed as I walked through a forest this morning, instead? You do?


















Philistines, the lot of you...

(And I know you just clicked on that one too...)

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm...you've got very astute insight into human nature. I did, indeed, click on both of them. But purely out of curiousity for the 2nd one. Really...

    2 questions:

    1. Yay! What are they? Crocus? Daffodils? Tulips? Do you even know yet?

    2. What's the brown thing hanging in the tree toward the left of the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was starting to drift off on the plant watch thing but then you pulled me right back with naked young men. Thank you. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brightened up my cuppa tea break that did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Semi naked men.

    What was I doing and why am I here?

    Nevermind. Semi naked men.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may not have plants but you have half naked Russian squaddies in your forest. At least life isn't boring in Moscow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure it's safe to take photos of military people. Or do you just not care?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MsC, Q1: I believe they're hostas. Good ground cover, not particularly pretty though, sadly. 2. Brown thing in a tree started life as a kvas bottle and is now bird feeder (The Russians do like to help our feathered friends).

    ISF, I knew it would help...

    WT, always happy to oblige!

    Paw, hilarious! (I tweeted your comment. Would have included your twiter name but couldn't find it - sorry)

    NVG, it certainly isn't!

    EPM, well if they didn't want their photo taken, surely they would wear shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum. they are a bit pale though...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I thought Albania was bizarre... I don't wish to spoil anyone's fun by asking the obvious question, but why ARE they naked? oops, semi naked?? I mean it's spring in Russia isn't it? (which to everyone else means winter)

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...