Tuesday 28 February 2012

Ear, ear...

Woe is me, for Boy #2 has an ear infection, and for the last couple of days the Potski household's mornings have started in crisis.

Anyone who's children have never suffered from such ailments (i.e. me, before last weekend) may have no idea of the fun and games involved in pinning a reluctant 6 year old to the bed whilst administering ear drops first thing in the morning. I don't blame him for the fuss - the thought of someone putting drops into my ears and telling me to 'lie still and just relax' whilst this was happening sets my teeth on edge - but it can put rather a downer on one's day.

And that's just for me. No wonder the patient is a little tetchy as a result.

So I need a little cheering up, which is why I'm posting the picture below. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what is considered attractive headgear for tourists to buy, by the side of the Georgian Military Road, on the way to the ski resort we visited last week.




















I'm not sure what this says about Georgia's impression of foreigners. I suspect that I shouldn't dwell on that too much. But in hindsight, if Boy #2 had been wearing one of these babies, perhaps our days would be starting a little more smoothly right now...

5 comments:

  1. Wow they are some impressive looking hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. Mini had earache from Thursday night. If only he had one of those hats

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father used to heat up towels and put those to my ear. They always helped a lot. The heat made the pain go away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit like the headgear we see in Chicago, only perhaps not as furry. Really, when the wind chill dips below a certain number, teeny tiny little hats don't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CR, yes they certainly are...

    Jen, am now regretting not buying one.

    Irene, thanks for the tip. I think we're sorted now but I will bear it in mind for any future incidents!

    EPM, yes, I think these were sheep's wool rather than fur. Still impressive, though!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...