Wednesday 17 October 2012

Thoughts running through my head...

... on discovering a grey hair in one eyebrow this morning.

  • Is that what I think it is?
  • What the...?
  • No, I mean, what the...?
  • You have got to be kidding.
  • Where did that come from?  It wasn't there yesterday - was it?  Or has it been there all week, all grey and wiry in plain view and - oh, the horror - everyone else has noticed but nobody has wanted to tell me?
  • I'm too young for this shxt.
  • Should I pull it out? *Reaches for the tweezers*
  • Should I leave it?  *Puts the tweezers back down*
  • Blink.  Breathe.  Take another look.
  • Shxt.  It's still there.
  • I'm going to pull it out.
  • No, wait!  If I pull it out, will 2 grow back in it's place? 
  • I don't care.  If I leave it, it will just get longer and longer and take over my face.
  • OK, I know that doesn't happen with my other eyebrow hairs but this is new, this is alien.  I have no idea how this blighter might behave.
  • I'm going to pull it out.
  • But - is that sensible?
  • I mean, am I going to pull out all the other grey / white hairs as they appear?  Because if I do, eventually I will be left with no eyebrows at all...
*Pause for reflection*.
  • Get a grip, woman.  It's one eyebrow hair.  
  • I could dye it...
  • No, don't be ridiculous.  Dye all my eyebrows for the sake of one grey hair?  I don't dye the hair on my head and there is a lot more than one grey hair in there...
  • Yes, but this is different. Somehow.
  • Pull it, pull it, pull it!
  • There.  Doesn't that feel better?
  • Stop checking, woman!  It's gone.  The sneaky little...


Tell me, blogosphere - at what stage should I give up the fight?  And how do you deal with this particular indignity of aging?

5 comments:

  1. Snort. I'd have pulled it too. Bad eyebrow hair. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I spotted a whitish looking hair amongst my other thankfully highlighted ones. I actually left it. Aren't they meant to multiply if you pull one out, or is that an urban myth. I didn't want to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One swallow doesn't make a summer. I'm not sure what I mean by that, or if it's relevant in any way. But it was the thought that popped into my head when I read this post.

    Do you remember the days when people carefully crafted witty and appropriate comments, instead of bunging down the first thing that pops into their head?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had one of those. Just the one, none since. Very unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling -

    Calm down and google "tinted eyebrow mousse."

    Kills two birds with one stone.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...