Wednesday 20 March 2013

The Photo Gallery: Red

This post is for Wk 134 of The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers (click here to see the other entries) and the prompt for this week is 'Red'.

A few days ago I wrote about living as an expat and not taking your children 'off-reservation' often enough.  This photo is proof that we do - occasionally - get around to it.  It was taken on the banks of  Lake Nero at Rostov Velikiy, a town about 5 hours drive north east of Moscow and which is one of the 'Golden Ring' cities.  Well worth checking out if you are planning to venture further than Red Square (which, I have to admit, was my first go-to instinct when looking through my folders for photos suitable for this week's submission).


13 comments:

  1. His hat is a lovely splash of red against the skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photo, love the contrast of colours, the background and the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo and great contrasting, Red is always good in a photo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture - and let me know if you solve that spamming problem as I've just started and it's already driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hat agianst the sky, it almost looks magical like the stick is a wand too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo, lovely contrasting colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shot, the splash of red from the hat and gloves is great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool hat! Why is it that kids clothing is way cooler than grown ups?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - it looks so atmospheric, it makes me think Bulgakov and Tolstoy and all things highly literate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picture, the spires in the distance and the red of the hat. Hope it's warming up!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...