Wednesday 10 April 2013

Exciting scientific news from Moscow!

After extensive testing in your correspondent's Moscow home, the results are now in.

There is no sound - not the ringing of a doorbell, the increasingly infuriated calls from a mother, the demands from a brother, the smashing of plates or glass, or the turning on of the televison or X-box - that penetrates a child's closed bedroom door and results in their speedy appearance downstairs in the kitchen quite as successfully as the noise of freshly-baked cookies being peeled off baking paper.

So now you know.

5 comments:

  1. So there was no chance of you eating them by yourself, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, what on EARTH are you suggesting???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the child playing on a screen-based device? If so, I seriously need to try some of your cookies because NOTHING breaks through the screen coma in our house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. At my house, it never gets that far. I don't know what it is, but they can hear the batter being mixed, and I spend all my time smacking hands to keep them out of the cookie dough. When they were smaller (and I would never have dreamed of letting them eat cookie dough with raw eggs in it - how times have changed- and no support whatsoever from MrL) they still somehow knew and would drive me mad by haunting me in the kitchen and asking me 'how many more minutes 'til they're done?'

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...